Hey guys! Today is a GREAT day for Overwatch fans! A new event and tons of changes are out on the live servers. As usual, let’s dig right in!
Patch 22.214.171.124 Notes
- Details about each hero’s unique backstory, along with information about some of their lore-inspired skins, have been added to the Hero Gallery
- The Player Report system has been redesigned to better capture the reason for each report.
- In-game voice conversations for the Overwatch Uprising event can now be displayed as subtitles, which can be enabled under the Sound tab in the Options menu.
- A tracking system has been added to Assault and Assault/Escort maps that will allow for tie breaks based on the progress that was made toward capturing the objective.
Personally I hated this in the PTR but we’ll see how it fares on live.
Custom Games/Game Browser
- Custom Game settings can now be saved as a preset. To access, right-click on the map image from the Create Game page and right-click a game name from inside the Game Browser or click on the save button on the settings page.
FINALLY. My friends and I have been upset that we had to keep remaking game modes, so this will be a godsend.
- Players can now change weapon clip/magazine size when creating a custom game.
- A new route has been added to Eichenwalde that connects the attacking team’s spawn area to the capture point. [See my last patch post for that!]
- Sonic Amplifier
- Damage increased by 25%
- Projectile speed increased from 40 to 50
- Now considers vertical orientation when knocking targets back
- Area of effect decreased from 30 meters to 10 meters
- Heal Song
- Healing-per-second has been increased by 30% (also applies to Lúcio’s Amp It Up ability)
- Self-healing has been reduced by 25%
- Wall Ride
- Movement speed increased by 20% when wall riding
- Lúcio now receives a burst of speed when leaping off a wall
- The size of Orisa’s head hitbox has been decreased by 15%
Honestly her head was pretty huge so.. this is fine.
Overwatch Uprising is here!
There’s a little bit more lore information in this youtube video, released today.
And this is the official Uprising trailer!
I just got into the game after two hours of waiting, so I’m going to play!
This week, I’m going to push the Hero of the Week post to Saturday in favor of doing a detailed post on the Overwatch Uprising event, so stay tuned!