Hello, And May The Fourth Be With You!
Welcome back to Wooly Plays! Instead of doing a Hero of the Week post today, we’re going to take a look at the Patch Notes and changes made for the newest Public Test Region update, which was released yesterday (May 3rd).
Without further ado, let’s jump into the changes!
Custom Games and Game Browser
- Players can now disable secondary fire and secondary weapons in Custom Games
- You can now disable one Symmetra Ultimate while leaving the other active
- Removed the attack cooldown from Genji’s wall climbing ability, allowing him to engage with enemies immediately after completing a climb
- Removed the attack cooldown from Hanzo’s wall climbing ability, allowing him to engage with enemies immediately after completing a climb
- Storm Bow
- Increased charge speed by 10%
- Charged arrows now maintain their charge after climbing a wall, provided the button is continuously held
***This one is not in the official patch notes, but I think it’s worth mentioning anyway
- Added a new option to disable Recoil Recovery Aim Compensation
- Fusion Driver
- Damage reduced by 15%
- Protective Barrier
- Cooldown reduced from 12 seconds to 8 seconds
- Wraith Form
- Ammo is now entirely refilled when Wraith Form is used
- Effective height has been lowered from 3 meters to 2 meters
- The height threshold of objects that Earthshatter can “climb” has been lowered from 3 meters to 2 meters, making Earthshatter less likely to climb tall objects as it “crawls” along the ground.
- Heavy Pulse Rifle
- Bullet damage decreased from 20 to 19
I know I don’t normally go over any bug fixes, but this one is pretty big:
- Added new Kill Feed icons for environmental kills and a number of abilities
THIS MEANS RES ICONS, PEOPLE!
What’s Wooly’s Opinion?
Genji / Hanzo
I think the Genji and Hanzo wall climb changes definitely feel better. I only tested it on Genji, and I don’t play him often, but even I think it feels great in comparison!
Hanzo’s ability to keep his bow fully drawn as he climbs is a little strange, but then again, so is a giant talking gorilla who lived on the moon. Who am I to judge? I definitely think his bow feels better being drawn faster, but as someone who has to fight Hanzos rather than being one, this change is going to make my life just a little more miserable.
I have literally no idea what this change does, but someone I was playing with earlier said they felt like they were playing CS:GO and that it was really nice. Other people said they felt like there was no change. I’m interested to hear the opinion of professional McCree players if this goes live!
Honestly I’m not a fan of the shield buff, because when I play Orisa I feel like I almost always have my shield anyway. Maybe a 10 second cooldown would have been more appropriate.
While I used to find it confusing that Reaper’s ammo didn’t reload when he went into wraith form, I feel like this buff is very strong. I like that Reaper has to use wraith form to escape a fight. Now he can use all of his ammunition, wraith form, and then start shooting again. It will definitely give Reaper players a new avenue to explore.
Finally. Finally. The “climb” on Hammer Down was absolutely ridiculous, and I’m glad it’s getting toned down, even if it’s just a little!
I do think that Soldier does a lot of damage, and this small change will hopefully help! Do I think it will make him less viable? Not really.
RES ICONS!!!!! I’ve been wanting this for so long! I think it’s a great addition for both my team and the enemy team, and I always thought it was strange that resurrects weren’t included on the kill feed.
I AM SO HYPE.
That’s all for now!
Thank you so much for reading! As usual, let me know what you think in the comments below! If you’d like to read the PTR 1.11 Patch Notes for yourself, click here!